Southwest Airlines Co. is the world's leading low-cost carrier with headquarters in Dallas, Texas.Herb Kelleher, Airs Southwest Co., founded this airline on March 15, 1967 and, in 1971, took on the present name, Southwest Airlines Co. as an intrastate airline entirely within the State of Texas. The airline has more than 60,000 staff and performs nearly 4,000 departures a day in the peak season.As of 2018 the most domestic passengers in the US were carried by the Southwest. The carrier has 103 destinations in the United States and 10 additional destinations.
Cabins of Southwest Airline:
Southwest airlines are well-known in the USA for their cost-effective services, the airline does not provide higher grade service categories. Only two classes are offered to the customer by Southwest Airlines –
Coach class: The airline's economic cabin is called the coach class. Inside this cabin, the airline offers significant comfort at relatively inexpensive prices. The coach class is made up of seats with headrests and armrests that make travel comfy and secure. Free snacks and beverages are also available to passengers in the coach class.
Business Select: The airlines' business cabin is called Business Select, providing unique and high-quality options for flyers. In contrast with the Coach class, the business select range consists of greater quality seats. The passengers of business select can avail priority check-I, priority boarding, and quicker security clearance alongside fine quality complimentary snacks and drinks.
Southwest Airlines Check-In policy:
Smartphone or Web-based check-in: The airline offers an online or web-based check-in alternative if your round trip requires at least 1 international flight. To sign in online, you need to visit the official site of Southwest Airlines, where all the passengers' details must be entered. You can access the same page in your cell phone for mobile check-in or download the Southwest Airlines app. Internet check-in is done 24 hours in advance of departure and stops 90 minutes before departure.
Airport Check-in: You can also opt for a check-in option at the airport check-in counter. If you are traveling through an international flight you need to arrive at the airport check-in desk 2 hours before the time of departure. The Airport check-in option ends 60 minutes before your departure time, however if you are flying to ARUBA (AUA), you need to arrive at the airport 75 minutes before your departure time.
Kiosk Check-in: The last check-in option is available at the airport itself wherein you can check-in by scanning your passport and your boarding pass before your flight departs.
- Check-in Baggage: You are allowed to check-in two bags free of cost, however, any baggage surpasses the maximum limit, you will have to pay $75. The proportions of checked baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches and the maximum weight is up to 50 lbs. The bags surpassing the size and weight limit will go in cargo. Passengers belonging from a military background who are traveling on active duty can carry unlimited baggage as long as the baggage does not exceed 100 lbs. of weight and 80 inches in size.
- Carry-on Baggage: you are allowed to carry only one personal baggage for instance any briefcase, purse, or laptop bag along with the carry-on bag on the flight. The proportions of a carry-on bag should be 10 x 16 x 24 inches, and it should be able to fit into the overhead space. The proportions for the personal item must not exceed 18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 inches, and it must fit under your seat.
Lost or damaged baggage policy:
- If your baggage is lost or damaged on arrival you need to report the following to the Southwest Airlines Baggage Service office within four hours of your arrival.
- The executive will file a report for the lost or damaged baggage and further give you a receipt and you will be constantly notified with the status of your baggage.
- In case your baggage is not found after 5 days; you can fill a claim form and take up the matter with Central baggage Services. The form is accessible on the airline's Baggage claim portal.
Southwest Airlines Reservations, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- If your ticket is refundable and your flight has not yet departed then you can demand a refund. In case your ticket is non-refundable, you can cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking. You will either be refunded on your primary mode of payment of it can be carried forward as a credit to be used for any upcoming travels and flights.
- It will take the airline approximately seven business days to refund the amount to your debit or credit card and the bank will take ten business days to reflect the amount.
Checking Flight Status:
You will be constantly updated and notified of any cancellation or change in the schedule regarding the flight status through email or text message. You also have the option of either calling the Southwest Airlines Reservations number or visit the airline site to check the current status of your flight.
All the prices are inclusive of fuel charges and other government taxes. And, prices are subject to change without any prior notice to the customer. We are third-party service providers and have no indulgence in the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the airlines. Read all the terms carefully before making any reservations.